Suspects Now in Custody Smell Like Scapegoats, Law Enforcement Sources Contend
Earlier this week, the Mexican government detained and paraded before the media a group of individuals it claims are responsible for the Feb. 15 attack in Mexico on two U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents — one of whom was shot to death and the other wounded in the assault.
Investigation Already Marked by Drug War Duplicity
In the aftermath of the attack earlier this week on two U.S. federal agents in Mexico, the U.S. media has gone on a feeding frenzy reporting on the sensationalistic details of the assault while the subsequent investigation into that crime may already be unraveling absent scrutiny.
U.S. Agents Were Participating in Training With Mexican Law Enforcers
[SEE UPDATE BELOW: New sources now claim training mission was a "cover story"]
A group of armed Zetas, dressed in black, earlier today shot two U.S. federal agents on a Mexican highway after setting up a roadblock ambush, according to a law enforcement source with inside knowledge of the attack.
One of the agents is dead, the other is “clinging to life” in a hospital in Mexico City, the source says.
State Department Report Details Special Forces “Mobile Training Teams” South of the Border
To fight the drug war in Mexico the US military conducted specialized trainings both inside and outside of the country with a focus on combating “narco-terrorism” and “counterinsurgency” conflicts, according to a recently declassified report from the State Department and Department of Defense. The document (PDF), which details foreign military training in the 2009 fiscal year, sheds more light on to the kind of instruction Mexican soldiers were receiving from the United States as violence and deaths continued to increase in the country. This includes the deployment of “mobile training teams” that were used to teach special forces combat techniques.
The Big Clubs in Mexico’s Drug War Aren’t Slipping Through the Gun-Show Loophole
Another series of leaked State Department cables made public this week by WikiLeaks lend credence to investigative reports on gun trafficking and the drug war published by Narco News as far back as 2009.
Famous Caricaturist “El Fisgón” Says Banamex Closed Account With No Warning
Cele Castillo Contends Proof of Deception is Now in the Court Record
Former DEA agent Celerino “Cele” Castillo III has filed a “section 2255” habeas corpus appeal in federal court in San Antonio, Texas, alleging that he is the victim of prosecutorial misconduct and asking that the judge set aside his sentence for dealing firearms without a license.
Leaked cable exposes diplomatic sleight of hand
A 2009 State Department cable made public recently by the nonprofit WikiLeaks media organization appears to be an effort by the U.S. Embassy in Mexico to do some deceptive damage control on the drug-war front.
Authentic journalism hits the radio airwaves in Big Apple
Bill Conroy/Narco News Returns
The Expert Witness Radio program, aired on WBAI-FM, Pacifica Radio, in NYC, again explores the world of Narco News journalism.
The hour-long show, which can be listened to now at this link, covers a lot of territory:
Aid Program Through US Government's Millennium Challenge Corporation Won't Be Renewed
Memo Reveals “Rapid Response” Campaign Model To Back Lobo Government in Washington DC
Leonhart, Ashton Now in Key Posts; Cover-Up Continues
Two long-time Justice employees were recently appointed to high-ranking posts in the department despite their past roles in helping to enable a cover-up of a U.S. government informant’s participation in multiple murders in what has become known as the House of Death case.
Complex Will Prepare Soldiers, Law Enforcers to Cope with Mexican Civil War, Founder Says
A small county board in southern California has just ushered in the era of the paramilitarization of the U.S. border by approving plans for a private, $100 million, 1,000-acre military and law enforcement training camp spearheaded by a former Navy Seal sniper who also has done work for the U.S. intelligence community.
GOP Congressman Traveled With Campaign Contributors and Promoted Their Business Interests to Coup Regime
In addition to using taxpayer money to travel to Honduras to support a coup d'état, one US Congressman, Republican Dana Rohrabacher (pictured right), used the trip as an opportunity to back the business interests of his campaign contributors, according to a State Department cable recently released by WikiLeaks.
The US Embassy in Honduras assisted Rohrabacher's partners in their investment ventures, according the document, by arranging meetings between the businessmen and a US government-financed corporation that is tied to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and gave millions to the coup regime.
When Rep. Rohrabacher (Calif.) traveled to Honduras on Jan. 31-Feb. 2 he brought along some personal friends, which included “several American businessmen and investors” according to the State Department memo, written by US Ambassador to Honduras Hugo Llorens.
The president of California-based company SG Biofuels, Kirk Haney, was a part of the delegation, along with John R. Saunders, a California real estate developer who deals in antique coins. Both Haney and Saunders are campaign donors and were given the chance to advertise their businesses during discussions with top Honduran officials.
In the State Department cable Llorens writes that while in Honduras Rohrabacher “endorsed US investment and particularly lauded the benefits of the development of biofuel industry in Honduras. He enthusiastically promoted a start-up biofuel company, SG Biofuels.”