All Notebook Entries
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - September 9, 2016 at 3:02 pm
By Brenda Norrell
Photo by Liz McKenzie:
Standing Rock Camp
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - September 8, 2016 at 7:03 pm
"They are putting our lives in jeopardy."
Article by Brenda Norrell
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - September 3, 2016 at 11:47 pm
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 23, 2016 at 12:12 pm
- Posted by Bill Conroy - August 21, 2016 at 5:44 pm
Post-Manafort, questions about the presidential candidate's Kremlin ties remain
Paul Manafort recently stepped down as campaign chairman for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. His departure came amid a swirl of media attention on his lobbying activities in support of former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych — a Kremlin-backed strongman who was run out of office and fled to Russia in 2014 following civil protests.
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 18, 2016 at 1:09 am
Red Warrior Camp refutes accusations of Sheriff Department at Dakota Access Pipeline defense
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 16, 2016 at 11:17 pm
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 15, 2016 at 5:55 pm
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 15, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Article by Brenda Norrell
Top photo Guy Dull Knife courtesy Natalie Hand
Scatter Thier Own photo by Julianna BrownEyes Clifford
Monday, Aug. 15, 2016
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 14, 2016 at 7:18 pm
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 12, 2016 at 5:50 pm
Standing Rock Chairman arrested at blockade. Burial places found near the pipeline crew. Oglala are sending 300 Lakotas from Pine Ridge to join the blockade and halt the pipeline.
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 10, 2016 at 1:49 pm
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 8, 2016 at 11:39 pm
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - August 5, 2016 at 10:18 pm
- Posted by Bill Conroy - July 17, 2016 at 6:55 pm
The litigation, which has received scant media coverage, contends Trump is complicit in violence perpetrated by hate groups
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - July 5, 2016 at 11:47 am
By Brenda Norrell
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - June 13, 2016 at 11:52 am
While corporate criminals rely on the collapsed media, the Mormon Church attempts a cover-up of the sexual abuse of Navajo children, and the US continues to target Indian country as its toxic, radioactive and lethal dumping ground
- Posted by Bill Conroy - June 12, 2016 at 6:00 pm
Presidential Candidate’s Special Interest Appears to Be His Own Pocketbook, Public Records Show
Republican presidential contender Donald Trump paints himself as a people’s candidate who is a Washington outsider and a successful businessman beyond the reach of lobbyists and special interests. But he now has lobbyists advising his presidential campaign.
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - May 18, 2016 at 11:51 am
While Indigenous Peoples are assassinated defending their homelands around the world, the media in the U.S. has collapsed in its easy chairs. Native Americans, however, have accelerated efforts to defend the land, rivers and sacred places.
Licensing Scheme for Medical Marijuana Market May Be a Boon for the Black Market in Washington StatePosted by Bill Conroy - May 15, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Critics contend current cap on new cannabis stores is too low and could force many patients to turn to back-alley providers
The state of Washington’s medical-marijuana industry has been in disarray since the passage of legislation last spring that calls for pushing businesses in that now-unregulated “grey market” into the state’s regulated recreational-cannabis market.
- Posted by Bill Conroy - March 27, 2016 at 8:43 pm
The Washington CannaBusiness Association, Headed by a Former Microsoft Executive, Is Playing a Major Role in Shaping the Emerging Legal-Marijuana Landscape
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - January 25, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Penn Envy: Fear of Citizen Journalism Defined Commercial Media’s Hostile Response to the Interview of the DecadePosted by Bill Conroy - January 18, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Sean Penn & Kate del Castillo Scooped the Press and Embarrassed the US & Mexican Governments in Interview with Chapo Guzmán
Oscar winner Sean Penn and Mexican film and TV star Kate del Castillo recently played staring roles as citizen journalists and scooped the world’s major media outlets by scoring a sit-down interview with a notorious Mexican narco-trafficker: Joaquín Archivaldo Guzmán Loera (aka Chapo Guzmán).
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - December 11, 2015 at 2:11 pm
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - December 7, 2015 at 12:14 am
Indigenous Peoples from the Americas in Paris -- from the Arctic to the Amazon -- sent dramatic messages to world leaders at COP21
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - November 29, 2015 at 3:03 pm
Indigenous and women's delegations arrive in Paris for COP21, with solutions, prepared for their Rights of Nature Tribunal