All Notebook Entries
- Posted by Bill Conroy - June 5, 2011 at 6:14 pm
Document, Prepared At the Request of a “Tea Party” Congressman, Indicates the 7th Special Forces Group “Has Conducted Operations in Every Latin American Country”
A Pentagon document has come to light that confirms the U.S. has put special operations troops on the ground in Mexico as the drug war there continues to escalate, notching some 40,000 murders since late 2006.
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - June 4, 2011 at 5:02 pm
By Brenda Norrell
Here's the top six ways that the United States and Canada, as revealed by Wikileaks, has violated the rights of Indigenous Peoples, by engaging in espionage and the promotion of mining, while working to undermine Indigenous autonomy, self determination and dignity.
1. The United States worked behind the scenes to fight the adoption of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples by the United Nations. In Ecuador, the US established a program to dissuade Ecuador from supporting the Declaration.
- Posted by Dennes Longoria - June 1, 2011 at 4:09 am
If it keeps happening, I’m going to keep posting about it. I know everyone wants to pretend we’re not getting radiated, but tons of websites show otherwise. They have actual tools to measure the stuff and they’re reporting on it, but being ignored by the stupid mainstream media which shows they’re a total farce.
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - May 31, 2011 at 3:11 pm
By Brenda Norrell
CARACAS, Venezuela -- American Indian Movement representatives Tony Gonzales and Richard La Fortune were in Venezuela this weekend to support the country in its struggles and expose the United States' political machinations aimed at hurting Indigenous Peoples.
Anishinabe Roseau River First Nation Chief Terrance Nelson released a statement exposing the United States' agenda which targets Venezuela President Hugo Chavez.
Gonzales spoke at a rally on Sunday, May 29, in Caracas, following the Obama administration's new economic sancti
- Posted by Lorie Cavin - May 31, 2011 at 8:24 am
My husband and I were sitting on the porch this morning, before the hot day kicked in. We were discussing "now what" kinds of stuff. Before the loss of his job/insurance, we were managing basics. Two years later, we are making decisions.
This story is pretty close to who we are.
This is a M.Python Flying Circus moment for us.
We are not dead yet.
- Posted by Bill Conroy - May 30, 2011 at 5:09 pm
Escalating Murder Rate Is Byproduct of Decades of Legal and Covert U.S. Arms Shipments to Latin America
- Posted by Lorie Cavin - May 28, 2011 at 1:01 am
A journalist had a party. I was 24, divorced, on my own 120 miles away from home. I was in a local musical called "B-Movies from Outer Space". My character, Gloria Dea, had her boyfriend/father of her child abducted by aliens. They left her behind.
When I heard B-Movie by Gil Scott-Heron, well, let's just say that I had an exceptional wake-up call.
I still love authentic journalists and the parties they throw.
Hope you all danced.
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - May 23, 2011 at 10:32 pm
Updated May 25, 2011
By Brenda Norrell
The US Embassies in Montreal and Quebec monitored Mohawks and Indigenous activists. In a series of cables released by Wikileaks in May, the US Ambassadors in Canada make it clear that no one wants to fight the Mohawks.
In fact, the US Embassy in Ottawa points out that the Canadian Border Guards feared the Mohawks.
In a cable dated July 30, 2009, from Ottawa, Terry Breese, deputy chief of mission at the U.S.
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - May 22, 2011 at 8:37 pmBy Brenda NorrellIn a cable released by Wikileaks, US Ambassador Linda Jewell in Ecuador said the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples is "fundamentally flawed." This cable marks the third cable revealing how the United States worked behind the scenes to halt adoption and implementation of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.Already, a Wikileaks cable from the US Embassy in Canada, said Canada agreed with the US that the Declaration was "ill-conceived and headed for a train wr
- Posted by Dennes Longoria - May 19, 2011 at 2:06 am
Hate to be the bad news bearer, but the rain we had yesterday had like a weird rusty or brownish shade to it, but it only rained a little, so it’s not so bad. I guess the plants seem to be surviving for the most part. Good thing this radiation didn’t happen like in December, when it was non-stop rain. Gotta stay positive and what not. It’s most likely a combination of pollutants, not just Cesium per se. I also heard Plutonium and some other one was also being spread. But whatever I mean.
- Posted by Dennes Longoria - May 10, 2011 at 4:57 pm
I witnessed this myself. I had been collecting rain all year, and it was always clear and beautiful, but this latest rain that fell in San Diego had a rusty color to it. The white bucket showed it better, but the blue bucket just looked almost black… How do I know it was Cesium?
- Posted by Brenda Norrell - May 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm
By Brenda Norrell
Native American women editors are countering the mainstream media and its politicized media frenzy over the targeted assassination of Osama Bin Laden and the shooting of unarmed women.
Kahentinetha Horn, editor and publisher of Mohawk Nation News wrote two articles critical of President Obama and the US military. The articles are “Obama Restores Old Roman Coliseum Bloodbaths,” and “First Bin Laden, Then Who?
- Posted by Jessica Davies - May 4, 2011 at 2:03 pmThe Good Government Junta (JBG) Central Heart of the Zapatistas in front of the World, based at the Caracol of Oventik in the highlands of Chiapas sent out a request, at the end of April, for assistance from independent organisations, solidarity groups and Zapatista sympathisers for three women, EZLN bases of support, from the community of Pikote in the official municipality of Citala, who were victims of a serious fire on 18th April 2011.The houses of the three
- Posted by Dennes Longoria - May 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm
I’m aware that Obama claims to have killed Bin Laden, but when a story like that gets spread around the world by every mainstream outlet at the exact same time… it makes people like me go online and begin googling for alternative versions (because I know better than to trust the mainstream media about any thing)… so out of the corner of my eye I see: ‘Obama = Osama’.
- Posted by Dennes Longoria - April 30, 2011 at 2:28 am
The whole birther phenomena has taken over, notwithstanding Obama’s release of his long form birth certificate—or a copy thereof. As soon as Donald Trump took up the cause few weeks back, it went mainstream and just exploded, as well as on blogs everywhere, basically. Then just yesterday Obama finally released a digital version of his long form birth certificate—and made a big deal of ‘‘oh god, you won’t believe what I had to go through to get this—hope you’ll shut up now, Trump…’’. All sorts of conspiracy theories began on whether the document was a forgery.
- Posted by Bill Conroy - April 27, 2011 at 8:32 pm
Mexican Government Will Pursue Civil Lawsuits Over Arms Trafficking and Money Laundering
The Attorney General’s Office of Mexico has retained a U.S. law firm to explore options for filing litigation against U.S.-based companies or individuals “believed to be participating” in money laundering and weapons trafficking activities “that may be harming Mexico,” a recent filing with the U.S. Department of Justice reveals.
- Posted by Bill Conroy - April 25, 2011 at 9:08 pm
Trail of Government Intrigue Leads Back to Cocaine Jet That Crashed in Mexico’s Yucatan
A high-level player with one of the most notorious narco-trafficking organizations in Mexico, the Sinaloa “cartel,” claims that he has been working with the U.S. government for years, according to pleadings filed recently in federal court in Chicago.
- Posted by Bill Conroy - April 14, 2011 at 8:16 pm
Felipe Calderón's Drug War Has Become Hot Market for U.S. Arms Trade
The dollar value of U.S. private-sector weapons shipments to Mexico in fiscal year 2009 exceeded the value of private arms shipments to two other major conflict regions elsewhere in the world, Iraq and Afghanistan, and even outpaced the value of arms shipped to one of the United States’ staunchest allies, Israel.
- Posted by Jessica Davies - April 13, 2011 at 2:15 pm10th April 2011The Movement for Justice in El Barrio is making an urgent new call to action for 5 more days of worldwide action in support of the five remaining political prisoners from San Sebastian Bachajón.
- Posted by Jessica Davies - April 11, 2011 at 1:22 pm-The programs are also generous and immediate for former adherent
- Posted by Dennes Longoria - April 7, 2011 at 11:39 pm
MSNBC’s coverage of Donald Trump earlier today was shameful. They made a mockery of objective reporting and where on high RPM’s all day discrediting and attacking Trump for being a “birther”. What’s a birther? A birther is someone who thinks that Obama was not born in the U.S. and who claim it is one of the qualifications for being president of the U.S. Therefore they conclude that Obama is not qualified to be president and is therefore in breach of some major rules, and probably should be imprisoned.
- Posted by Lorie Cavin - April 7, 2011 at 9:02 am
Came across this today: Mark Morford
"To the sneering disappointment of the puritanical left, Obama has turned out to be pretty much exactly what he said he'd be during his '08 campaign: flawed, exceedingly moderate, a resolute compromiser, overly pragmatic when he should've been a badass, temperate when he should've been white hot and furious, offering concessions when he should be bringing the hammer down." Read more
- Posted by Dennes Longoria - April 7, 2011 at 2:19 am
I was listening to americanvoiceradio.com a couple hours ago and a gentleman by the name of John Moore, who has a website named thelibertyman.com was I believe a guest in one of the shows, and he basically was talking about this huge planet that comes around every 36,000 years or some such, and is what wiped out Atlantis, and basically it’s going to wipe us out later this year…not wiped out in the sense of complete annihilation obviously since there are humans on earth now, so it just means a few humans will be left behind to start all over… There were advanced civilizations before, p
- Posted by Fernando León - April 6, 2011 at 10:12 am
Procuraduría Federal de Protección al Medio Ambiente ordena la suspensión de la obra
Visiblemente emocionados, los vecinos de la colonia La Malinche recibieron la noticia de que la Procuraduría Federal de Protección al Medio Ambiente (PROFEPA) había ordenado la suspensión de la Supervía Poniente debido a la falta de permisos de construcción en zona federal protegida.
Lista de marchas nacionales e internacionales para el cese de la violencia de la guerra contra las drogasPosted by Fernando León - April 5, 2011 at 3:15 pm
Este miércoles en 30 ciudades de México y el mundo se prepara jornada de movilización
- Posted by Erin Rosa - April 4, 2011 at 11:06 pm
Family Member Says It's “Because We Don't Shut Up” About Military Human Rights Abuses
- Posted by Lorie Cavin - April 3, 2011 at 9:25 pm
A few thoughts before tomorrow, a busy day all around US.
We Are One Local Rallies around the country 04/04/11. Can you attend?
My husband went through a 3 month process/wait to be one of three given an interview out of 120 applicants for a job with insurance. He came in second or third. They sent a nice letter letting him know.
- Posted by Bill Conroy - April 3, 2011 at 5:26 pm
Job Posting Seeks Former Soldiers to Provide Urban Warfare, Counterinsurgency Training
L-3 MPRI, a division of a major U.S. defense contractor, is hunting in the mercenary community to hire “site leads” who can help oversee the company’s personnel in Mexico and also coordinate “with Mexican Army officials” at a dozen training sites, called “VMTCs,” located in Mexico.